Friday, March 4, 2022

Nomads Szalamandra Squadron TAG for Infinity the Game

 

The TAGs of Tunguska receive their name of Szalamandra because of their similarity to the mythical salamander that could live in the midst of fire and who could also spit fire.

Its heavy armor allows it to withstand the toughest of punishments, just as its Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon can neutralize any type of opposition. The required heavy support for your Nomad Army!


Inspired by the beautiful works of my fellow gaming buddies on the PanO Cutter and the Aleph Marut I finally committed to complete my Nomad TAG, the gorgeous Szalamandra.
Such a large model was definitely intimidating for me and a fair bit out of my comfort zone. So I muster all my bravery and got at it! Looking at the end result I am quite happy although several details are sketchy, the edge highlights often goofy and overall do not really withstand a close-up inspection. Still, I reckon it looks good enough on the table and I look at it as one of the many steps in my miniature painting hobby journey. 

Of course I want to play with it and shred my opponents to pieces with its hyper-rapid bullets bursts. Coming up with a TAG list is not a trivial exercise as the big guy is eating lots of points and SWCs. Here are two options I think I will try to go with:



To conclude, here follow some pictures I took during the wip 🚧👷. 

 
pre-shading

left leg

right leg

tail

left thigh

right thigh and main cannon sketch

main cannon 

chest

finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment